Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The stones (and not the cool band) and other crap.

My life just keeps getting better and better....not! My in laws are being forced to move from their home of 20+ years because medicaid is taking it to pay off grandma Alice's debts she left after she passed away last year. They bought the house from her, but her name remained on the deed for all these years and because of this they have claim to it. And if that isn't stressful enough, they have accumulated 20+ years of junk in there basement plus all their kids crap too and guess who gets to be in charge of the yard sale (that keeps getting post poned). Is the end of September too late to even have a yard sale?

Potty training has not been a snap (grandma). Kasey is still having "poop trouble" which is making potty training a serious challenge. He has a hard time controlling it--especially when we have to give him the miralax, which as you can imagine, has been a super-fun, stinky, awful mess in his brand new undies--more than once a day too. Ug! He's been doing really great the past few days and I'm so proud of him-no accidents yay! We've been putting him in pull-ups at night and he's been keeping those dry too for a couple weeks.

Last Tuesday Kenny had a horrible pain in his right side and by 2:30 a.m. on Wednesday we packed up the whole fam and took him to the emergency room. The boys and I waited for about an hour and a half to learn he has kidney stones. They put him loritab and ibuprofen and and anti-nausea pill. So it's been over a week now and as far as we can tell he hasn't passed anything besides blood. He is having a CT scan (which they should have done in the ER!!!) and a follow-up with his urologist tomorrow afternoon(more crap we can't pay for). Hopefully it will show what's really going on in there.

This week at work has been inventory for the whole store. Every manager is on edge and the whole store has been ripped and stripped and re-done. The people finally came today to count everything and then my manager ( a bunch of others) have to go over everything that they just counted wrongly and do it again. It's great fun, and where do they get these counter people I wonder. Yikes!! One girl and only parts of her very brown front teeth.
I also have three kids workshops this month. One is at the store and and two and the university of Utah. They should be really fun, but they wear me out.

And (sigh) I've decided I should finally conform and join facebook. (bigger sigh), I don't want to, but EVERYONE is on there!!! I'm like the last person of the planet to not be. Ug! Guess you'll see me there in a few days. Blah!!




3 comments:

  1. I'm not on Facebook either Ky. So I guess I'll be the last one on the planet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it's the new cool thing to do. I hardly ever get on myspace anymore, and it's fun to keep up with friends! Sorry about all the drama, I've been there before!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry about the disappointments at your house, You are a good mama and wife, I am proud of you. Sometimes things have to be taken care of minute by minute.

    ReplyDelete