Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The plan and potty training...

So, we've been slowly getting Kasey on the potty for months. He's had a real "pooping problem" since he was about a year old. We've tried EVERYTHING: no dairy, prunes, fiber, suppositories. Nothing really worked. What happened was he had a few really hard ones and then he started holding it. Then it would be a week or more and it was agony for him when he just couldn't hold it any longer. It was always a super traumatic for him too. So that's been affecting his success on the potty (we're still dealing with that. It's slowly getting better, but every few weeks we have to give him miralax-as per his doctor and it just cleans him out-if you know what I mean (ick). So, I just had it with changing TWO bums and decided to put him on a crash potty course. It's been moderately successful with only two or so mishaps a day. He really enjoys wearing his undies though, and he looks so darn cute in them!!!









The plan is to loose weight. And how does a person (like me- who works over 40 hours a week at a very high paced, body demanding non-stop job who also has two small children to chase all day and can't seem to loose any weight -damn stress!!!) get motivated you ask? SHOES!!! Colie came up with the idea to dangle shoes in our faces like carrots in front of starving pack mules. We either buy a pair of shoes and the other person 'holds them ransom' until we loose ten pounds or after the first and subsequent ten pounds, etc. we get to go shopping for a new pair. I think it could work. I just need to get some energy to exercise ( even though I run my butt off ( I really wish it would) at work. Arg!!!!

Not too much else is going on besides the usual busy work life and home life. Work is still stressful as ever. We're short two people still and I've been alone in the mornings from 530 til ten a.m. and I have to help all the customers and finish the pack down list they give us by ten too. It's always a race to see if I can get it all done. I feel either I don't have the time or the motivation or the energy to do laundry and stupid crap like that. Laundry should do itself anyway!!! Kenny's ankle still isn't fully healed (I think it was fractured--big dummy). The bruises are gone, but it's still sore for him. I wish I would've gotten a picture of it.

Today is Amy's birthday and yesterday was Gillian's. It's Colie's on the 22nd, Paul's on the 25th and Monica's on the 29th. Birthday present shopping here I come. :)

Also only 9 payday's till Christmas ah!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I hate potty training. I've been thinking about doing it with Ansleigh, and I just don't know if I've got the patience yet. I think I will wait until Kies is back in school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kasey will be a snap at potty training, you were pretty easy!!

    ReplyDelete