Wednesday, July 22, 2009

still no pics...

I still don't have any pics to post of my hair and what not. I'll try to get some soon. Work is still busy as ever. We've been short one of our employees-he's been out for three weeks with pneumonia. Next week (or the week after) we have one guy on vacation all week and the other is having foot surgery and he'll be out that same week. I'm gonna be so stressed. I already barely get any breaks and my lunches are always late. Ug!

Last Saturday I was downtown for the 'days of '47'. There was a bunch of booths set up and a native American drum circle and all sorts of fun stuff. Of course, I didn't get to enjoy any of that due to the Home Depot Kid's workshop helping hundreds of little sweaty children build tool boxes and birdhouses while getting my thumbs smashed with hammers. Good Times. It was about 101 degrees and not a stitch of wind. The kids were really fun though and I had a pretty good time.

Also, the day before Kenny rolled his ankle running down the stairs at work. I've never seen anything so purple and swollen and disgusting in my life! He had bruising on the top of his ankle in the pattern of his sock!! Is that normal?!! It was even blue in between his toes. I couldn't believe it. Luckily his dad had an ankle brace and some crutches. He's walking almost normal now, but it's still pretty swollen. I want him to go get some x-rays, but he refuses (we can't really afford it tho).

I have another kids club on the second of August, I hope that it goes well. We'll be making a "message center". Should be fun. Chase also has his four month check up on the 3rd. I can't believe he's almost four months!! Didn't I just get out of the hospital? Sheesh!

The fam (except me) are going up to wyoming tomo. I'm sad I can't go. I had to use my vacation time during my maternity leave. I don't get more 'til Feb next year. Good news is I get three weeks from then on (because it will be my 5th year at Home Depot...crazy).

Anyway, I'm watching So you think you can dance with Colie. Love to you all!!

2 comments:

  1. I wish you were coming too Ky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We could have used you here in Wyoming, now it is so quiet, Good thing I had stuff to do, or go crazy.

    ReplyDelete