Saturday, February 28, 2009

A day in the life...for a few more weeks anyway

5:30 am: Alarm goes off; hit snooze.
5:39 am: Alarm goes off; hit snooze.
5:48 am: Alarm goes off; hit snooze. Ug. "Come on Ky-get up. You're not gonna have any ti..."
5:57 am: Alarm goes off; "Oh crap!" Rush to (go potty), shower and get ready. This will be a personal best if I can leave on time.
6:28 am: Kiss my boys goodbye while they sleep.
6:30 am: "Keys, keys-Why did I let Kasey play with my keys."
7:10 am: Get set-up at work-put my headset on. Thank goodness it's a short day. Beep:"Thanks for calling your Salt Lake City Home Depot, how may I direct your call? No problem, one moment please." Beep: "Thanks for..."
7:20 am: How soon is 'too' soon to take break.
8:01 am: Google time.
9:40 am: I can't hold in any longer. Ask someone to watch the phones for me while I take a quick break.
9:50 am: Help Martin with his radio battery. Beep: "Thanks for calling..."
10:20 am: "Jared, just because you're as tall a circus clown on stilts doesn't make you the boss okay?!" Ha ha! And the 'chop' busting continues for another day.
10:55 am: I am bored. Bored, bored, bored.
12:05 pm: "Why is merging such a challenge people!!" as I honk my horn.
12:25 pm: "Mommy's home!"
12:55 pm: "Bye Daddy, we'll miss you! Have a good day at work". Watch and wave as Kenny drives away.
12:56 pm: Console Kasey-he's heartbroken Daddy left...again.
1:42 pm: Sweep up the majority of Kasey lunch.
2:00 pm: I really need to finish the baby's room, do laundry, dishes, mop the floor....sit an watch Spongebob with Kasey instead.
2:19 pm: Spongebob is really funny, no wonder he likes it.
3:30 pm: Try to put Kasey down for a nap-he won't give in. We play with his blocks instead, Ug.
5:40 pm: "It's almost six?! Holy cow!" Go to kitchen, open cupboards in hopes dinner will magically be waiting in there...no such luck. Settle on grilled cheese.
6:25 pm: Sweep up Kasey's grilled cheese.
6:40 pm: "I guess we better wash some clothes". 'Race' Kasey to the laundry room.
7:18 pm: "What a good helper you are to mommy". 'Help' consists of Kasey closing the dryer door after each article of wet clothing. I'll take what I can get. :)
7:19 pm: "What the heck is that?!" Rush to laundry room to investigate horrible clanking noise. "A-ha! Was that toy car in your pants' pocket the whole time?"
8:20 pm: They dryer buzzes...I'll fold 'em tomorrow.
9:30 pm: "Let's brush our teeth and put on jammies".
9:36 pm: How did I manage to get toothpaste in my hair! Ug!
9:45 pm: Chase a naked and diaper-less Kasey out of the bedroom. "Come here you!"
9:52 pm: In bed, covers up. Okay..."There's a wocket in my pocket. By Dr. Suess...Did you ever have the feeling..."
10:10 pm: Scratch Kasey's back to coax him to sleepiness. I hope he falls asleep before I do.
10:23 pm: Wake up and realize I dozed off in some weird-very uncomfortable position. Ug. Gently maneuver Kasey into his own bed-which is next to our bed. (Ug, don't get me started on the whole sleep situation...)
10:26 pm: Try to get comfortable enough to fall back asleep.
10:35 pm: Still trying.
10:48 pm: Ug. Still trying.
11:05 pm: Kenny crawls in bed and snuggles up. Ug, I have to pee. Crawl over Kenny to get to bathroom.
11:10 pm: Let's try this again.
11:27 pm: Phone bill, need stamps-I wonder if that ham in the fridge is still good..oh shut up brain!
11:35 pm: Nudge Kenny to make him stop snoring. If Kasey wakes up I'm gonna flip.
11:59 pm: Finally drift off to sleep.
5:30 am: Alarm goes off. Hit snooze. Ug!!!

2 comments:

  1. Dude, That's one heck of a day! I'm glad you commented on my page cause I erased my inbox and couldn't remember your page! Welcome to the fold, my friend, welcome!:)

    ReplyDelete